A fun little dessert to make when you find yourself with a few extra pears lying around. Plus, it's super tasty.
- 3 firm Bosc pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or sweetner of your choice)
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter (or coconut oil)
- Preheat the over to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the peeled pear halves, cut side up, in an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Whisk the apple juice and coconut sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in the butter and pour the resulting sauce over the pears.
- Bake about 35 minutes, until the pears are crisp-tender and beginning to brown, basting occasionally with the juices.
- Spoon the pears onto plates and drizzle with remaining juices and serve.
My husband, who can eat dairy like nobody's business, likes this dessert with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream on the top. Just sayin'...